- This event has passed.
Gilman Scholarship Application Deadline
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program is for students earning credit during a study abroad experience. It is a program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. To be eligible for a Gilman Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions);
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program or internship;
- In the process of applying to, or accepted to, a credit-bearing study abroad or internship program. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement;
- Applying for credit-bearing study abroad programs in a country or location with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System. It is important to note that certain areas within a country or location that has an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2 may be designated within the Travel Advisory as either Level 3 or Level 4; Gilman Scholars will not be allowed to travel to these specific areas. Gilman Scholars are unable to participate in programs located in a country or location — or an area within a country or location — that is designated as either a Level 3 (“Reconsider travel to”) or Level 4 (“Do not travel to”).
Any questions regarding the scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.