- This event has passed.
2021 ‘Cane Career Fair
September 22 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Held annually, this event is for students and alumni seeking a full-time job, internship or part-time experience in all industries. A career fair is an excellent opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in person to a potential employer while showcasing your communication skills. The keys to a successful career fair experience are preparation and follow-up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared!
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Participate in “Prepare for the Fair Week” events
- Make an appointment to get your résumé reviewed
- Prepare your 30-second introduction
- Make sure you dress professionally and bring a portfolio with extra copies of your résumé
- Don’t forget to ask for business cards at the career fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes